The Councils Decision
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Story

3 posters

Go down

The New Story Empty The New Story

Post  Roxvert13 Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:13 am

Arranis ducked behind a low wall, panting hard and trying to regain his breath. Between his labored gasps for air he swore Wilcome’s name over and over.
The shadar’ki had told Arranis about an enclave of wizards that supposedly set up in this city. The eladrin thought that paying a visit to those equally skilled in the art of magic would be a wonderful change of pace from the norm. But when the conjurer showed up at the front gate he had been turned away! Arranis thought that it might be a good idea to peak the enclaves interest in him by revealing himself as an eladrin from the feywild.
That got them to open the gate. Promptly after the gate had been opened a bolt of lightning leapt from the shadows and sent the mage cartwheeling through the air. After Arranis managed to find his feet again the caster behind the bolt made herself apparent to him. She was a particularly ugly woman dressed in plain robes of the deepest green. Her nose was bent practically over her left cheek and her face sagged with age. She sneered as he straightened his cloak and appeared relatively unhurt. Her age-spotted hands began to swirl and she rattled of words to a spell. Arranis began chanting words to his own spell, one that would get him the hell away from this insane woman! But the old mages’ spell was already finished. A green ray hit Arranis square in the chest giving him a feint shimmering emerald field surrounding him. The conjurer swore and abandoned his spell. The hag had put him into a dimensional lock. He was unable to teleport. And the leathery mage was casting again! The eladrin quickly cast a spell, sending mist billowing out around him. As soon as the mist was up, he took off running.
Arranis had run until he came to the low wall where he was currently cursing his companion.
After he had caught his breath he stuck his head around the wall to see if the coast was clear. It was. The conjurer was about to cast his last teleport spell, but he noticed that the green field was still present. He sighed and leaned against the wall he had hid behind.
Suddenly his head began spinning. Arranis staggered forward a couple of steps, then managed to shake the feeling away. He knew what being on the receiving end of an enchantment felt like, and that one had nearly gotten the better of him. Groaning, he turned around and saw that horrible old woman again, in the midst of yet another spell.
This has got to end, he thought to himself as he began a familiar chant to summon an extraplanar creature to his aid. His many years of calling and summoning made Arranis particularly swift in their castings. Before the old bat was even halfway through with her incantation, an earth elemental the size of a large human man was standing between the to mages.
Arranis bade the elemental to attack the woman, and it started toward her. Then the hag finished her spell. And just like that the elemental vanished. The conjurer started in belief. This woman was continually besting him. She had even managed to banish his summon, no easy feat. It was time to go offensive.
Arranis fished out a lodestone and a pinch of dust and began casting one of his most powerful transmutations. Before he got halfway through it, the old mage uttered a single word. The eladrin was blasted into senselessness. His ears were ringing, his vision was fuzzy and distorted, and he felt blood dripping from his nose. He couldn’t move. His thoughts were swimming and his body was unresponsive.
The hag was leaning over Arranis with a knife clutched in her withered hands and eyes shining with malicious victory.
He was dead. He knew it.
Roxvert13
Roxvert13

Back to top Go down

The New Story Empty Re: New Story

Post  Awesoma Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:57 am

Wilcome might have made an error when refering Arranis to the Wizarding Guild. Something about not taking new members or being reclusive to the point of violence if anyone tread on their land or something something something. Wilcome lost his train of thought because he saw some flashing lights and exploding sounds. So as to check it out he climbed the nearest building. When he reached the roof he walked to the side furthest from the explosions. Rolling his sholders and loosening up his thighs and calfs with some stretching he began to sprint and then he leaped with his arms spread out. He tucked into a roll and straightened out to land on the ground in a way that any onlookers would gasp and and cheer. However the ground came much quicker than anticipated and was less ground and more old woman. As he tried to grasp how the ground had turned into a really ugly hag he noticed Arranis lying there with his eyes closed and one arm raised as if he was expecting a grusome knifey death to come at any moment. "Arranis is a big boy" Wilcome thought "I should really help this old woman up first."

As he strolled over to the woman he extended his hand to help her up when she took his hand fire was sent through his veins. As the blood boiled up past his eyeballs he spotted a knife in one of her hands and shiny magic in the other.

"Oh" said Wilcome "She's the bad guy" and then he was thrown into unconciousness
Awesoma
Awesoma

Back to top Go down

The New Story Empty Re: The New Story

Post  Roxvert13 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:37 am

Arranis was still alive. Wilcome had saved him just in time. With the rogue at his side the eladrin was certain that the witch would stand no chance.
Then Wilcome grabbed the woman by her wrist and hauled her to her feet. When she was up the rogue abruptly stiffened, muttered something, then collapsed in a heap.
During this time Arranis staggered to his feet and attempted to cast a spell.
The hag saw this and lunged at the conjurer with her knife leading the way. Luckily her aim with her weapon was not very good. The knife skipped off the cloak at Arranis’s shoulder sending the decrepit woman off balance.
As the old woman regained her balance, the conjurer finished his spell.
The old wizard was flung into the wall ten feet behind her with enough force to knock the wind out of her.
Arranis didn’t waste anytime wondering if she had been downed, he launched into the casting of another spell.
As the woman rose to her hands and knees, gasping for air, she fell. Up. She tried futilely to claw at the ground for a handhold, but ended up flailing wildly in her “decent” into the sky.
After ten feet or so, she began to fall in a more controlled, slower manner. She had cast a spell to slow her fall. She turned weirdly upside-down and began to cast another spell.
That just will not do, Arranis thought. He raised his hand and spoke a few mystic syllables, then brought his hand sweeping down in a cutting motion.
The hag screamed as she resumed her plummet.
After the hag had reached approximately 70 feet, the edge of the reverse gravity field, she began to oscillate weirdly as the opposing gravities simultaneous pulled at her.
The conjurer watched her, thinking hard about his next move...
Roxvert13
Roxvert13

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin20 Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:12 pm

"STOP THERE HAG, FOR THESE ARE YOUR LAST MOMENTS!" I said as I leaped into this fray. "These are my friends and I'll have no evil doer....Doing there evil to them...fine my entry needs work, but none the less, I will stop you by force If you do not give yourself up now." I stated blissfully pointing my 7 foot diamond tipped spear as if saying " your time is up."

Paladin20

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxvert13 Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:04 am

Arranis’s jaw dropped as he stared, dumbfounded, at his companions less than smooth entrance.
Several seconds passed before the conjurer finally managed to say, “She is ten times your spear’s length in the air!! What are you planning on doing, FLYING?!?” This last part was a near shriek.
The eladrin cocked his head to the side, then waved his hand dismissively in the direction of the floating woman. The old wizard began screaming as she fell the seventy feet to the ground. She landed with a sickening snapping sound. Something had broken, and by the awkward way her foot was angled, the eladrin guessed it was her leg.
With that he turned to the paladin and said, “Sick ‘er, boy”, before walking over to check on Wilcome.
Roxvert13
Roxvert13

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin20 Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:19 am

"Well if you must know I could have thrown my spear, knocked her out of the air then attacked with other methods." "But enough about me," I said as I turned towards the hag readying myself for combat, praying for victory over this evil. "Your time is up hag, You've hurt my friends and I'm gonna make you regret ever crossing us"
"What could you possibly do, ya big brute" the hag moaned
"THIS" I yelled as I wacked her just below the throat with the back end of my spear, Then as she took a swipe at me with her claws I threw up my shield shattering her nails on impact, she let out a loud cry that would make any moral man bleed from the ears. "Enough of you whitch, Time to die. I grabbed her by her broken clawed hand, lifted her over my head, slammed her down on the ground and drew my sword from the shieth on my back, lifted it above my head and ssshhhhhkk.....

Paladin20

Back to top Go down

The New Story Empty Re: New Story

Post  Awesoma Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:20 am

But then suddenly the witch's body exploded into a black goo that covered Roland and Arranis. As they flinched it gave off a light steam and a smell that woke Wilcome right out of his unconscious state.
“Oh my Goddess of Death take me now” he gagged.
As Wilcome forced the bile back down his throat and covered his nose and mouth with his elbow and with his other hand tried to shoo away his companions. It was making his eyes water and his vision began to blur. Just being near it made him feel as though the stench was invading his pores.
“WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS? ” He screamed into his arm.
Awesoma
Awesoma

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxvert13 Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:12 am

Arranis stood frozen to the spot.
His clothes were covered in the foul smelling goo the decrepit mages’ contingency spell unleashed.
The eladrin’s eyes grew wider as the seconds ticked by.
He slowly began walking over to a patch of ground that wasn’t slathered in gunk, and slowly sat down hugging his knees to his chest.
He started rocking.
Back-and-forth.
Roxvert13
Roxvert13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum